“VirtualVet is working hard to re-balance the value generated through the collection and use of farmers’ data and information. We believe farmers’ data and information, when digitised and aggregated, MUST generate an economic value for the farmers supplying the data and information. It is VirtualVet’s intention to develop the economic potential of on-farm animal treatment data and information, in a privacy respecting way, for and on behalf of farmers.”
Sinead Quealy, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Animal Disease Tracking Ireland Ltd.
Description of Service
Welcome to VirtualVet’s web portal – your online farm remedy book. This portal is available to our client farmers.
To become a client of VirtualVet you can register directly via the portal, download the Android app from the Play Store or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, what does VirtualVet do?
We reduce risks.
VirtualVet veterinary medicine usage surveillance software with telephone support service designed to reduce the stress and increase the accuracy of on-farm medicines & treatments recording by building your remedy book with you wherever and whenever you treat an animal.
The VirtualVet service is free to farmers. The information we collect is, where appropriate and in agreement with our farmers, made available to relevant organisations for a service fee. For example, we offer full animal medicines traceability to the agri-food industry, enabling them to prove, in real-time, that food they produce is free from medicines.
This business model ensures that:
- our service remains free to farmers,
- farmers maintain control of their personal data and information,
- we reduce the risks or challenges to our agri-food industry’s reputation
- we can enable farmers to build and obtain a value for their proven reputation with purchasers.
How does the VirtualVet service work?
There are a few ways to engage the VirtualVet service. Here we describe the most common method, but if you feel you need a different method, contact us by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll see what we can do.
- Download the VirtualVet Android app from Play Store
- Register as a client via the web portal. For the registration, we just need your name, email address and a phone number. You create a password and then you can create your farm profile.
- On the farm profile, you can add:
- locations, for example, an out-farm,
- users, for example, your family and other farm workers you trust to administer animal treatments.
You can include more than one herd number in your profile. For each herd profile, we’ll just need you to upload an image of a letter, or movement cert, or similar, which verifies the name, address and herd number you are registering.
This image is for verification purposes only and is considered personal information in our Terms of Service. It is deleted from our servers as soon as we have verified the details we require.
Once you have registered you are ready to start using the VirtualVet service.
So, how do I record an on-farm treatment to my VirtualVet remedy book?
- Open the VirtualVet app
- Photograph the medicine or treatment, front (product name & manufacturer) and back (batch no. & expiry date)
- Photograph the animal ID Tag
- Add a note to record the condition you are treating, or any other information you want us to record for you.
- Select “Done”
- You will see a message telling you that (when your network settings allow) your treatment record is on the way to VirtualVet agents.
Then, every now and again we’ll arrange a quick phone call with you. During the call we want to understand how the animal treatments performed – did the treated animal recover; did the vaccinated animals remain fit & strong? etc. These calls will be summarised on the “Conversation” area of your portal and you will be able to see exactly what we discussed on our calls and any issues or suggestions you raised.
For example, during these conversations, you and a few other farmers may identify that a vaccine is not performing as well as expected. VirtualVet will make this information available to the relevant pharmaceutical company but without any farm or animal identification associated with it.
This conversation is treated as personal information under our Terms of Service so no other organisation will be allowed to identify the farmer in any information we gather in these conversations.VirtualVet-Vision